- 1/2 cup semolina + 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 roll of your favorite shop's pizza dough
- 6 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Italian sausage, parcooked
- 2 tablespoons basil, rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Place pizza stone inside.
- While the stone heats up, lay out 2 layers of aluminum foil the size of the pizza stone (or the size of a baking sheet if you don't have a pizza stone).
- Dust your clean countertop with semolina and flour mixture, creating a light layer of flour to keep your dough from sticking.
- Roll out your dough to the size of your stone/baking sheet, ensuring that all sides are even and as thin as possible, or to your desired thickness.
- Press the ends of the dough into a small wall against your two hands, creating crust/border to keep your pizza goodness contained.
- Transfer rolled out dough on aluminum foil and start to assemble pizza.
- With a large basting spoon, pour the tomato sauce in the center of the pizza. Draw circles with the sauce, starting from the center, slowly moving outwards in a circular motion.
- Sprinkle one cup of cheese evenly over sauce. Add sausage and basil, sprinkling around evenly. Finish off with remaining cheese, salt and pepper.
- Using a brush, paint the crust with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place pizza on stone/baking sheet and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and the crust is dark golden brown.