- 2 ears of corn, kernels removed from cob
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 6 tablespoons rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (can substitute Thai basil leaves)
- 2 Thai green chilies
- Canola or vegetable oil for deep frying
- Sweet chili sauce for dipping
- In a food processor or small blender, combine half of the kernels, egg, curry paste, rice flour, salt and baking powder. Once fully combined, transfer to a bowl.
- Thinly slice the kaffir lime leaves and chili peppers and add to the bowl, along with the rest of the corn kernels. Stir everything until well combined.
- Heat oil in a wok or deep skillet to 325°F. Use a spoon to carefully drop the batter, a few tablespoons at a time. Turn over the fritters to brown on all sides. Once they are browned and floating, remove with a strainer or slotted spoon and place on a paper-towel lined plate.
- Serve with Thai sweet chili sauce.