- ¾ lb freshly ground beef chuck (or plant-based burger patties)
- ½ cup minced onions
- ½ cup water
- 8 soft white slider or dinner rolls
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sliced cheese
- Sliced dill pickles
- Place ground meat in between two layers of parchment paper. Use your hands or a rolling pin to spread the meat into a thin, even rectangle. Use a long knife or bench scraper to score into 8 squares. Use the tip of a small wooden spoon handle or dowel to create 5 small holes in each square. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove patties from the freezer and separate the squares. In a bowl, combine onions and water. Heat a griddle pan on medium and spread on the onions with some of the water.
- Place the patties on the bed of onions. Season with salt and pepper. Immediately place the bottom slider buns onto each patty and then stack the top bun on top. Allow to steam grill for about 5-6 minutes.
- Assemble the sliders with a single pickle slice. If adding cheese, immediately place a slice on the steaming patty.