- 8 tablespoons (1 stick or 113 grams) butter
- 1 cup (195 grams) dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cups (125 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (90 grams) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces (170 grams) chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, honey, and vanilla extract. Stir in the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gently fold in the chocolate chunks. Refrigerate the cookie dough for 15-20 minutes, or until chilled. Do not skip this step. The cookies will spread out too much if the dough is warm or room temperature.
- Drop cookies by the tablespoon onto a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Allow the cookies to rest on the cookie sheet for a few minutes to firm up before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.