MANGO PUDDING (MONG GWO BOU DIN)
- 1 pound mango chunks, or 3 medium mangoes
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ¾ cup cold water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp unflavored gelatin powder (2 envelopes of gelatin powder)
- *Top with 1 - 2 tbsp evaporated milk
- In a blender, puree mango until smooth. Add 1 cup of evaporated milk to mango puree. Blend until very smooth. For an even smoother texture, strain the puree mixture through a sieve.
- Pour cold water in a small pan. Dissolve gelatin in the cold water. Let sit for five minutes to allow the gelatin to bloom.
- Add sugar into the bloomed gelatin. Heat slowly until the sugar dissolves, then remove from heat.
- Pour the gelatin mixture into mango mixture. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture to your containers or molds. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours until completely set.
- Before serving, top with 1-2 tablespoons of evaporated milk.
- Mango pudding can be covered and stored in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.