- 2 ¼ cups milk
- 1 onion piqué
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- Black pepper
- Pour the milk in a saucepan, add the onion piqué and cook it in medium heat until it boils.
- Remove the onion from the milk and reserve it.
- Melt the butter in a pan and combine the all-purpose flour.
- Stir it continuously so that the flour cooks evenly.
- Cook it for 4 minutes in order to obtain a white roux.
- Little by little, add the warm milk, always mixing it well with a balloon whisk.
- Let it cook for approximately 3 minutes.
- When the sauce becomes consistent, turn off the heat and season it with salt, black pepper and nutmeg.