- ½ cup refined sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 3 egg whites
- In a small saucepan, mix the water and the sugar.
- Cook over low heat for approximately 8 minutes, until you get a soft syrup.
- There are 2 things you can do in order to know whether the syrup is perfectly cooked: take its temperature with a thermometer, which should reach 240 degrees, or grab a small portion, and let cold water run over it. It should form a small, soft ball.
- About 3 minutes before the syrup is ready, beat the egg whites on high speed until it forms soft peaks.
- On medium speed, mix the syrup in through the sides of the bowl.
- When you are done adding the syrup, beat the meringue on high speed, until it reaches room temperature and forms stable peaks.