- 1 garlic clove, peeled and cut into slices.
- Remove the external leaves of the garlic, cut its root off, and flatten the garlic bulb with the palm of your hand.
- Grab a garlic clove and, with a peeling knife, remove both ends and the skin. With the knife’s blade, smash the garlic softly in order to make the peel come off easily.
- With a chef’s knife, make vertical, thin cuts in a guillotine motion, following the width. You will be left with thin, round slices of garlic.
- In a small saucepan, warm up the oil.
- Place the garlic slices in the saucepan, and fry them until golden brown. Be careful not to let them burn, otherwise they will go bitter.
- Dry them in a paper towel to remove the oil excess.
- Store in a sealed, glass jar. Keep it refrigerated.