- 1 whole chicken, no gizzards
- 2 lemons, juiced, no seeds
- 1 tablespoon Tapatio hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 pounds butter
- 4 lemons, halved for roasting
- Bakers twine
- In a large resealable bag, combine all marinade ingredients and massage and mix into the chicken.
- Let chicken marinate at room temperature while you preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Rub the butter on the base of the roasting pan to help keep the chicken juice from sticking. Place all the lemon halves, cut side down, on the roasting pan so they are all touching, creating a platform for the chicken to rest on.
- Once marinated, tie chicken with twine, making sure to tuck wings under, and to tie thigh bones together. Place the chicken, breast side down, directly on the lemons.
- Cover entire pan with tin foil, airtight, and roast chicken for 30 minutes, removing the foil halfway through.
- Remove from oven and flip so that the breast is facing up and the thighs are directly in contact with the lemon halves. Roast for another 15 minutes or until breast is dark golden brown. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving.