- 1 pint heavy cream or half-and-half*
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Ice cubes
- 1/2 cup rock salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together cream, sugar and vanilla until well combined. Pour mixture into the ice cream ball. Fit with the lid, then fill the other end of the ball with ice. Pour in rock salt, tightly twist on lid, then roll, spin, toss, flip and shake the ball around for 10 minutes.
- Open the ball, stir the ice cream mixture, then twist on the lid to close the ball once again. Drain some water from the ice section, then add more ice and salt. Roll, spin, toss, flip and shake for another 10 minutes. Enjoy ice cream immediately or transfer to a container, cover, and store in freezer for later.
- *Using whole cream makes a richer, creamier ice cream. Using half-and-half makes a lighter ice cream, but takes longer to freeze.