- For the strawberry puree:
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen whole strawberries, defrosted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces limoncello
- For the rim:
- 3 tablespoons freeze-dried strawberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- For the vanilla-lemon puree:
- 2 cups ice
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup lemon sorbet
- Strawberry shortcake bar (optional)
- For the strawberry puree: In a blender, puree the strawberries until smooth. Strain through a sieve into a medium saucepan. Add the sugar and 1/4 cup of water. Cook on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half. Turn off the heat. Add the limoncello and stir to combine. Cool completely and refrigerate.
- For the rim: In the bowl of a food processor, puree the freeze-dried strawberries into a powder. Pour into a small, shallow bowl. Stir in the sugar and lemon zest. Using the cut side of the lemon, wet the rims of the serving glasses. Dip in the strawberry sugar. Set aside.
- For the vanilla-lemon puree: In a blender, blend all the ingredients until thick and smooth.
- To assemble the cocktail: Pour some of the strawberry syrup into the bottom of the prepared glasses. Pour some vanilla puree on top, only filling the glass halfway, and use a spoon to swirl the strawberry. Repeat with another layer of strawberry syrup and vanilla. Swirl again.
- Submerge a strawberry shortcake bar in the glass, if desired.