Ice Cream in a Bag
You are just a few Ziploc bags away from real, homemade ice cream. Shake up this 10-minute ice cream in a bag! Bowls are optional.
- 1 small freezer bag
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons kosher or rock salt
- Any flavoring(s) of your choice
- Mix-ins such as chocolate chips, chopped strawberries, or crushed cookies (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 gallon-sized freezer bag
- In the small bag, combine milk, heavy cream, sugar, a pinch of salt, as well as your choice of flavoring(s) and optional mix-ins. For simple vanilla ice cream, just add vanilla extract instead.
- Remove as much air as possible from bag, before sealing tight.
- Fill the larger bag halfway with ice. Add salt over the ice. Carefully shake the bag to help distribute the salt.
- Place the small bag of ice cream mixture inside the larger bag, and seal well.
- Shake the bag continuously for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the mixture becomes firmer. Use a kitchen towel or oven mitts to protect your hands from the cold.
- Remove the ice cream-filled bag from the ice, and wipe the bag clean of salt.
- Scoop out the ice cream to serve.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE