- 1 bag of corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- Sour Cream and Salsa
- Using a food processor, blend up chips into a crumb. Place them into a shallow bowl or plate. In a second shallow bowl whisk together the eggs and milk and in a third add the flour.
- Roll each cheese cube in the flour, tapping off excess flour, then dip in egg mixture, then roll in chip crumbs and place on a plate. Repeat with remaining cheese cubes until all are coated.
- In a large skillet or saucepan, heat 2 inches of oil to 375°F. Set a large plate topped with a few paper towels off to the side. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, lower a few cheese cubes at a time into the oil, making sure they stay separated while frying. Remove from oil using spoon after 1 minute or when the cubes are a golden brown and place on paper towels to drain. Repeat until all cheese cubes are fried.
- Place on a plate and top with your favourite nacho toppings and serve immediately.