- 7 fully cooked sweet Italian sausages, halved
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 (13-ounce) tube store-bought pizza dough
- 4 slices provolone cheese, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces pizza sauce
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 10 1/2-inch cast-iron skillet with oil.
- On a flat surface, sprinkle some all-purpose flour and turn out store-bought pizza dough. Roll out a rectangle to 1/4-inch thickness, and cut evenly into 16 triangles.
- On each triangle, place one strip of provolone cheese and one half of a sausage link and roll. Place rolled sausages in a ring in the cast-iron skillet until all sausages are rolled. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- Heat the broiler.
- On the stovetop, heat a large skillet on medium and add the olive oil. Cook onions and peppers until soft and beginning to brown. Add pizza sauce and heat through. Transfer to the center of the sausage ring, top with mozzarella cheese and heat under the broiler until cheese melts.
- Let cool slightly then enjoy!