Jalapeno And Cheese Stuffed Portabello Mushroom
Who needs a bowl when you have a portabello mushroom?
- 4 ounces slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled, reserve grease
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 3 cloves freshly minced garlic
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely diced, divided
- Pinch of salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Finely chop one mushroom and stems for filling.
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of bacon grease, add onions and jalapeños, and cook for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and season with salt. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer the mushroom mixture to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon to the bowl. Mix well to combine. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and give it a taste.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the mushroom caps, distributing it evenly.
- On a lined baking sheet, arrange mushrooms and bake for 20 minutes until cheese is lightly golden.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
- Cook with soul. Eat with pleasure!