Jalapeño Cornbread Waffles
Jalapeño cornbread waffles are guaranteed to help you rise and shine.
- 1 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 3/4 cup spelt flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño
- Optional: serve with fried egg
- Preheat the waffle maker.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal, baking powder, coconut sugar, black pepper, and kosher salt) and mix well.
- In another medium mixing bowl, whisk the almond milk, coconut oil, and eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped jalapeño.
- Pour 1 cup (depending on the size of your waffle maker) into the center of the grid.
- Cook the waffle according to your waffle maker directions. Bake until golden brown, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with fried egg on top, if desired.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE