- 4 large jalapeños, as straight as possible
- 8 oz. ground beef
- 4 pieces string cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups plain bread crumbs
- 4 hot dog buns
- Ketchup, for garnish
- Mustard, for garnish
- Fill a large heavy bottom saucepan with 4 inches of oil. Preheat oil to 325 degrees.
- Cut off the ends of jalapeño and hollow out seeds and white membrane. Stuff with string cheese.
- Wrap jalapeño in 2 oz. of ground beef until completely covered. Season flour and bread crumbs with salt and pepper.
- Dredge wrapped jalapeño in flour and shake off any excess. Next roll jalapeño in beaten egg followed by bread crumbs.
- Carefully place in hot oil and cook for 5-8 minutes Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve in a hot dog bun with ketchup and mustard. Enjoy!