- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 jalapeños
- 4 slices of bread
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese, shredded
- Butter for the pan
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic powder, green onions, and salt and pepper.
- Roast jalapeño in a skillet until the skin is blistered. Remove from the pan and place in a paper bag. After 5 minutes, peel off the skin. Slice in half and remove the seeds.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on 2 slices of bread. Place shredded cheese and jalapeños on top. Place the other bread slices to close the sandwiches.
- Melt butter in a skillet on medium heat. Cook sandwiches on both sides until the bread is golden and the cheese has melted.