- 3 jalapeños, whole
- 1 jalapeño, sliced into rings
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 8 slices cooked bacon, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese, divided
- 2 rolls classic Pillsbury pizza dough
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Ranch dressing, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush a 9x5 loaf pan with melted butter.
- Turn on stove burner to high heat. Place 3 jalapeños directly over the flames and rotate until all sides are charred and blistered. Place into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove jalapeños and use the blade of a knife to remove charred skin. Remove and discard seeds and ribs, and finely chop. Add to a large bowl.
- To the bowl, add the soft cream cheese, salsa, green onions, bacon and half of the pepper jack cheese. Beat with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Remove dough from one of the tubes and cut into 15 equal-sized squares. Brush squares with melted butter. Spread the whipped cream cheese mixture evenly across the dough, and sprinkle with one-fourth of the remaining cheese. Use a offset spatula to lift and stack the pieces into a loaf pan. Repeat with the second roll of dough. Top with rounds of jalapeño then sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until golden.
- Allow to cool briefly, then turn out onto a serving platter. Garnish with green onions. Serve with ranch dressing, if desired.