- 1 cooked chicken breast (steamed)
- ¼ onions, shredded
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Mentsuyu (Japanese noodle soup base)
- 2 tsp sake
- ½ cup water
- ¼ bundle Mitsuba (wild Japanese parsley)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- Dashi (Japanese soup stock), as needed
- 200g rice
- Cut the cooked chicken breast into small pieces.
- In a frying pan, cook the onion until softened. Add the chicken, sugar, Mentsuyu, sake, water and stir.
- Add Mitsuba and pour in beaten egg. Use chopsticks to stir lightly.
- Gently transfer the mixture onto a bed of rice. Place egg yolk on top and serve.