Japanese Slow Braised Pork Belly
Japanese braised pork belly? We're drooling 🤤
- 600g pork belly
- Vegetable oil, as needed
- 200g rice
- 1 soft-boiled egg
- Green onions, as needed
- 4 tsp light brown sugar
- 8 tsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp sake
- 2 tbsp mirin sweet cooking rice wine
- 280cc water
- Heat vegetable oil In a frying pan and brown the pork belly on all sides.
- Add the ingredients for the Sauce to the frying pan and drop a piece of parchment paper directly on the pork belly. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and cook for 2 hours until tender, or until it is as tender as you'd like. (If it loses moisture, add just enough water to cover the pork belly to prevent moisture loss)
- Once the pork is tender, remove from the frying pan and cook down the remaining liquid. Return the pork to the pan and toss it in the sauce.
- Add cooked rice to a bowl and place the pork belly on top.
- Drizzle the sauce over the pork. Garnish with soft-boiled egg and green onions. Enjoy!
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE