- 400 milliliters whipping cream
- 3/4 cup jelly beans (one color - this will determine the color of the ice cream, this recipe used pink & red)
- Large pinch cream of tartar
- 4 eggs
- 140 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup assorted jelly beans
- Place the whipping cream and 3/4 cup of one color of jelly beans in a small pot. Bring to a boil, then immediately remove from the heat and allow to cool completely at room temperature. Then strain the cream and discard the jelly beans. Place the cream in the fridge until very cold.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water, and place a smaller bowl on top. Pour the whipping cream into the smaller bowl, add the cream of tartar and whip with an electric mixer until it forms a thick ribbon when the whisk is lifted. This may take several minutes, but keep whipping! Then place the cream in the fridge.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and add the sugar and vanilla. Beat well with an electric mixer until the mixture forms a ribbon when the whisk is lifted and the ribbon remains on the surface of the mixture for a few seconds.
- Add half of the egg mixture to the cream, and whisk together. Once they are fully combined, add the remaining egg mixture and gently fold the mixture together and combine. Make sure to be gentle and keep the mixture as airy as possible. Add 1 cup assorted jelly beans and fold gently into the ice cream.
- Pour the ice cream into a Tupperware container, and seal with the lid. Place this in the freezer for 7-8 hours to chill and set, stirring halfway through to disperse the jelly beans. Then scoop some into a bowl and enjoy!