- 2 peeled, boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 10 wontons wrappers
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- Chopped chives
- Sour cream
- In a medium bowl combine the mashed potatoes, cheese, chives and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon 1 1/2 teaspoons filling into center of one wonton wrapper, then moisten around edge with wet finger. Fold over to form open half-moon shape. To seal, using thumb and forefinger of one hand, form tiny pleats along edge of wrapper, pressing pleats against border to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining dumplings.
- In a heated pan drizzle oil and arrange pot stickers in tight circular pattern standing up in oil. Cook, uncovered, until bottoms are pale golden, 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water, then cover tightly with lid and cook until liquid has evaporated and bottoms of dumplings are crisp and golden, 8 minutes. In a separate pan, saute the onions. To serve combine the onions, pot stickers and a dollop of sour cream as well as chopped chives.