- 4 lemongrass stalks
- Jerk Seasoning:
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 2 fresh Scotch bonnet, stemmed and seeded
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- Serve with natural greek yogurt and lime wedges
- Start by slicing the lemongrass skewer into halves.
- Blend all seasoning ingredients in a food processor and then combine with the chicken in a large bowl. Let sit for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Using wet hands, or gloves, divide the chicken into 8 portions and shape around the end of a lemongrass skewer. Lightly brush the chicken with oil and cook in batches on a hot grill for 8 minutes turning often.