Ben and Barry make Jerk Chicken with Crispy Potato Skins and Coleslaw - a spicy dish that's great to share with friends.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon allspice powder
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- 2 glugs olive oil
- 6 boneless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 200 milliliters chicken stock
- 4 small carrots
- 1 red onion
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 dollop sour cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Coat the potatoes in olive oil, salt and pepper then bake for 1 hour in the oven.
- Grate the garlic and finely chop the chilli. Throw the jerk seasoning, allspice, honey, grated garlic, chilli and a glug of olive oil into a bowl and toss with the chicken pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Brown the chicken, squeeze over the lime juice and add the tomato purée. Coat the chicken in the purée before pouring in the chicken stock. Simmer until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Cut the potato in half lengthways when cool enough to hold. Scoop out the middle of the potato, leaving a thin layer (1/2 centimeters) of potato on the skins.
- Raise the oven temperature oven to 200°C and place the skins back in for 10 minutes.
- Peel and grate the carrots and dice the onion. Mix in the coconut, sugar, vinegar and coriander, then season well.
- Serve the chicken with a garnish of chopped coriander, the crisp potato skins, the carrot salad and a dollop of sour cream.