- 1 pound thick-sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cornbread mix
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 2 eggs
- 10 large eggs, scrambled
- 20 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 frozen hash brown patties, baked as directed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 by 13 inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On prepared baking sheet, make a bacon weave that is 5 slices wide by 7 slices long. Bake for 20 minutes or until crispy.
- Using an empty 18.5-ounce can (or a 3-inch ring mold) cut out discs of bacon; set aside. Add any bacon scraps to the scrambled eggs.
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup and cayenne pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornbread mix, water and 2 eggs. Butter a large nonstick frying pan and place over medium-high heat. Pour batter into pan 1/3 cup at a time, swirling the pan to create a thin even layer throughout. Once bubbles start to appear, flip and cook another minute on the second side.
- To assemble the crunchwraps, lay a johnnycake crepe on a cutting board. Layer 2 tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup of cooked scrambled eggs, a disc of woven bacon, 1 1/2 hash browns and more shredded cheddar cheese. Fold the johnnycake crepe closed starting from the top and working clockwise. Return to the frying pan over medium heat to seal and brown the exterior of the crunchwrap.