- 1 pound thick-sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cornbread mix
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 2 eggs
- 10 large eggs, scrambled
- 20 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 frozen hash brown patties, baked as directed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 by 13 inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On prepared baking sheet, make a bacon weave that is 5 slices wide by 7 slices long. Bake for 20 minutes or until crispy.
- Using an empty 18.5-ounce can (or a 3-inch ring mold) cut out discs of bacon; set aside. Add any bacon scraps to the scrambled eggs.
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup and cayenne pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornbread mix, water and 2 eggs.
- Butter a large nonstick frying pan and place over medium-high heat. Pour batter into pan 1/3 cup at a time, swirling the pan to create a thin even layer throughout. Once bubbles start to appear, flip and cook another minute on the second side.
- To assemble the crunchwraps, lay a johnnycake crepe on a cutting board. Layer 2 tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup of cooked scrambled eggs, a disc of woven bacon, 1 1/2 hash browns and more shredded cheddar cheese.
- Fold the johnnycake crepe closed starting from the top and working clockwise. Return to the frying pan over medium heat to seal and brown the exterior of the crunchwrap.
- Top with syrup and enjoy!