With a delicious richness and satisfying crunch, avocado fries just may be a superior fry alternative.
- 2 avocados
- Tempura flour
- 1 to 2 cups water
- Oil, for frying
- Hummus and ranch, for serving
- Cut avocados in half, peel away the skin, and cut each half into 6 equal pieces.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with wax paper and place in freezer for about 30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine water and tempura batter. Whisk until mostly combined but still has a few lumps.
- In a deep-sided pot over medium-high heat, add oil and bring to frying temperature.
- Dip each avocado slice in the tempura batter and then lower into the hot oil. Cook until browned and crispy.
- Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with salt, and serve with hummus or ranch.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE