- 1 (4oz) Frozen (80/20) all-beef burger patty, defrosted
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, or seasoning salt
- 1 slice Sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 hamburger bun, toasted
- 2 slices tomato
- 1 leaf butter or green-leaf lettuce
- 1 slice red onion
- 4 slices pickles (optional)
- Condiments: ketchup, mayonnaise, Thousand Island dressing
- Preheat the Smart Fryer to 360 degrees.
- Season both sides of the burger patty with salt and pepper or seasoning salt. Add the burger patty to the basket and cook for 8 minutes. Turn the burger over and cook for another 2 minutes. Put the slice of cheese on top and cook for 2 more minutes. The burger will be at medium doneness. (Cook for 2 minutes more for medium-well.
- Remove the burger and assemble as desired.