- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved and seeded
- 2 mini red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 mini orange red bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar Pub Cheese spread
- 4 slices Applewood smoked bacon, halved lengthwise and trimmed of excess fat
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced chives
- Ranch or buttermilk dressing, for dipping
- Preheat the Smart Fryer to 290 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the pub cheese into the cavity of each pepper. Wrap each cheese-filled pepper with bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place 4 peppers into the basket. Cook for 10 minutes at 290 degrees F. Increase the heat to 330 degrees F and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Using tongs, carefully remove the poppers and allow to cool slightly.
- Bake the remaining 4 peppers.
- Remove the toothpicks. Garnish with chives and serve with dipping sauce.