Would you eat something so adorable? When it's bubblegum ice cream coated in colorful chocolate, the answer is YES!
Kawaii Ice Cream Cones
- 600 milliliters thickened/whipping cream
- 125 milliliters sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon bubble-gum essence or vanilla
- 1 drop blue food dye
- 1 drop green food dye
- 6 waffle cones
- 400 grams blue chocolate melts + 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 400 grams pink chocolate melts + 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 100 grams dark chocolate, melted
- Ice cream
- Add cream, condensed milk, blue and green food gel and bubble-gum essence extract into a large mixing bowl and whip to stiff peaks using a hand mixer.
- Transfer cream mixture to a deep baking dish. Freeze for at least 2-3 hours.
- Scoop ice cream out and transfer each scoop to a baking tray. Freeze.
- Melt pink and blue chocolate melts in a microwave for 20 seconds at a time until smooth. Add oil to each one and mix until very well combined.
- Dip the tops of each ice cream cone into whichever coloured chocolate you like. Coat with sprinkles. Set aside to set.
- Carefully dip each scoop of ice cream into chocolate melts and coat well. You need to work quickly because the chocolate will harden quickly on the cold ice cream and go lumpy. If the chocolate melts harden, pop them back in the microwave for another 10 seconds to make it smooth again. Set aside in the freezer again for about 10 minutes to set.
- Dab some chocolate on top of the sprinkle coated ice cream cones and place chocolate coated ice cream on top. Let it sit there for 10 second until the chocolate sets.
- Add the melted dark chocolate to a piping bag or zip lock bag and snip off a very small part of the end. Pipe two eyes on the choc coated ice creams and a little smile line.
- You can make these up to two days in advance and store in an airtight container in the freezer. You could even fill the cones with candy if you like!