- 1 cup cooked sushi rice
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki chicken, or filling of choice
- Nori, for decoration
- Sliced cheese, for decoration
- Sliced ham, for decoration
- Salt, to taste
- Line a small teacup with plastic wrap. Sprinkle the plastic wrap with a bit of water and pour out any excess, then sprinkle a pinch of salt into the cup. Fill the cup with sushi rice, almost to the brim, then poke a small hole in the center of the rice.
- Place the chicken teriyaki filling in the center, and top with a bit more rice. Pull together the plastic wrap and tighten to squeeze any air bubbles from the rice ball. Remove rice ball from plastic wrap and garnish as desired with nori, cheese and ham shapes.
- Serve immediately on a bed of vegetables, with fruit and a ham and cheese “garden”, Japanese omelette, mixed fruit and kombu.