Kim Kardashian's Banana Pudding
When I heard that this was Kim Kardashian's favorite pudding I had to try it out. Recipe from Remixmagazine.com
- 4 large eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 475ml whole milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pack ladyfingers, broken in half
- 3-4 medium ripe bananas
- ½ tsp salt and a pinch
- Separate the yolk from the whites of 3 eggs and set aside the whites. Add the remaining whole egg to the yolks.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together 100g of the caster sugar, flour, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Stir in the whole egg and 3 yolk mixture then stir in the milk. Cook uncovered, stirring often until the mixture thickens. This should take roughly 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C.
- Spread a thin layer of the custard in a casserole dish.
- Arrange a layer of ladyfingers on top of the custard.
- Thinly slice the banana crosswise and arrange a layer of banana slices over the ladyfingers.
- Spread a third of the remaining custard over the bananas and continue layering ladyfingers, bananas, and custard until custard mixture is gone.
- Finish with a layer of custard
- To make the meringue, beat the reserved egg whites with a pinch of salt until they are stiff.
- Gradually beat in the remaining 50g of caster sugar and continue beating until the whites don’t slide out of the mixing bowl when it is tilted.
- Spread the meringue over the pudding with a spatula and bake for approximately 5 minutes until the meringue is lightly browned. Enjoy!
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE