- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pink candy melts, melted
- 2 Small Containers of Vanilla Ice cream
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one a time, mixing after each addition. Mix in vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet in two additions. Divide dough in half, and wrap each half in plastic wrap. Refrigerate cookie dough for at least 20 min in refrigerator or until firm. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Divide chilled dough in order to shape out kitten paws. For each paw you will need one large marble sized amount and then three smaller balls for the toes. Arrange on a baking sheet covered in parchment. Place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes before baking to ensure they hold their shape. Bake for 9-11min or until edges are golden brown.
- Once the cookies have baked but are still warm, take a small round measuring teaspoon or a melon baller and press into the cookies to create the paw prints. Let cool completely.
- For the ice cream, using a serrated knife, slice into the container horizontally to create 1/2 inch disks. Using a circular cookie cutter, cut out circles of ice cream from the disks and place back in the freezer for 30 minutes. Any ice cream scraps can be placed into the circle measure, flattened and frozen to create a disk.
- In the meantime, filled the paw prints of each cookie with the melted pink chocolate and let set completely. Place in the freezer to chill the cookies before sandwiching the ice cream to ensure it doesn’t melt immediately.
- To assemble, with a cold knife shape the ice cream disks to better suit the shape of the paw and then place it between two cookies. Freeze for 30 minutes before serving.