Make this when you want dinner to be LIT.
Korean Fire Chicken Flambé
- 8 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- ½ cup Korean hot pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp ground Thai chili flakes
- 2 tbsp gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup agave
- ¼ cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the rest:
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, cubed
- 4 oz rice cake squares
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ⅛ cup scallions
- Sesame seeds
- 2 oz soju
- Oil for the pan
- Mix sauce ingredients in a bowl. Toss chicken in the sauce.
- Heat pan with some oil. Add the chicken and all of the sauce. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes. Then cover and cook for another 8-10 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat, uncover, and stir in rice cakes. Cover the pan and cook until the rice cake become stretchy.
- Top with shredded mozzarella and broil until bubbly and slightly charred.
- In a small saucepan, heat soju for 1 minute. Carefully pour heated soju over the edge and use a long lighter to flambé. When the flames subside, sprinkle scallions and sesame seeds.