- Sesame oil
- 1 cup hot italian sausage, out of casing
- 6 scallions, split and roughly choppped
- Sesame seeds
- 1/2 - 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Korean Rice cakes
- 1 bunch torn thai basil, or Italian
- 1/2 cups white wine
- 1 heaping tablespoon gochujang
- 1 heaping tablespoon of miso
- 1/2 - 1 pear, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion
- In a large heated non-stick skillet, add a bit of oil and add the crumbled, de-cased sausage.
- Once the fat begins to render add the mushrooms and scallions.
- Boil the rice cakes [per package instructions]. Once boiled, turn the heat up under the saute pan and add the cooked rice cakes, stir and allow the rice cakes to crisp up nicely.
- In a food processor, add the gochujang, pear, red onion, miso, white wine and tomato paste and pulse until smooth.
- Add mixture from the food processor and a whole bunch of basil leaves to the saute pan, and reduce this until relatively thick.
- Plate and top with sesame oil & sesame seeds.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE