Kung Pao Chicken
Spicy, sweet and incredibly delicious chicken with peanuts!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon shaoxing wine
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon black vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon Szechuan peppercorn, lightly ground
- 10 to 15 dried chilies
- 2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 2 to 3 green onions, 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for chicken and marinate for 10 minutes.
- In another mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for sauce and set aside.
- Heat large skillet over high heat; add 1 tablespoon. cooking oil and marinated chicken. Cook about 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is 3/4 way cooked. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon. cooking oil into now-empty-skillet; Add Szechuan peppercorn, chili, garlic and ginger. Keep stirring and let in infuse for about 1 minute.
- Add cooked chicken back to skillet along with green onions and sauce we made earlier. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Stir in peanuts and remove from heat.
- Serve with warm bowl of cooked rice.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE