- 1 1/2 pounds lasagna noodles, cooked approximately 7 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups ricotta, divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 4 cups tomato meat sauce
- 2 cups basil pesto
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large oven-safe bowl with olive oil. Layer pasta, starting at the bottom of the bowl, slightly overlapping each other and resting over the lip of the bowl. Pour in 2 cups of ricotta and 1/2 cup of mozzarella as the first layer.
- Layer noodles across the ricotta and create a new layer with tomato meat sauce and mozzarella sprinkled over it. Add another layer of pasta and lay a mixture of pesto and ricotta down. Repeat the steps until you reach the top of the bowl. Reserve one cup of sauce for serving.
- Lay overlapping pasta over the last layer and brush with beaten egg to seal. Bake the bowl for 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 20 to 25 minutes. Place a plate over the top of the bowl and flip the cake over to reveal the baked lasagna.
- Serve with remaining tomato sauce. Cake will keep up to 3 days refrigerated.