- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups spinach
- 2 cups ricotta
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons basil, chiffonade
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add spinach and cook for less than a minute. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, salt and pepper. Remove any liquid from cooked spinach and add to filling mixture along with basil. Stir until combined.
- Grease a 9 by 13 casserole dish with remaining olive oil. Add 1 cup of tomato sauce to the bottom of the pan. Spread 1/4 cup filling on each of the cooked lasagna noodles, roll up and place in the casserole dish. Top each roll with remaining tomato sauce and cover with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbly and rolls are cooked throughout. Lasagna rolls will keep up to 5 days covered in the fridge.