- 1/2 pounds Italian sausage
- 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Italian tomato sauce
- 8 sheets uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons ricotta
- 3/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Basil for garnish
- In a large pot, heat some olive oil and brown the Italian sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the chicken broth and tomato sauce.
- Break the lasagna noodles into bite-sized pieces. Add them to the pot and stir to prevent sticking. Cook on medium-low heat until the noodles are al dente. Add some red wine vinegar and taste for salt and pepper.
- Serve with a dollop of ricotta, sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan, and fresh basil on top.