Roasted Pumpkin, Pickled Mushrooms and Bruschetta
- 4-6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh mushroom, roughly chopped + Juice of 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar and 1/2 cup fresh mixed herb leaves; mint, parsley, oregano
- 2 slices vegan bread, thinly sliced + Grape tomatoes, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Transfer butternut squash cubes and garlic cloves to parchment-lined baking sheet, drizzle with oil.
- Season squash with salt and pepper then sprinkle with rosemary and thyme. Toss to combine.
- Roast squash for 20-30 minutes, or until softened.
- Allow squash to cool and reserve until ready to use.
- In a bowl, add mushrooms and squeeze fresh lemon juice directly into the bowl and drizzle mushrooms with olive oil and vinegar; toss to coat the mushrooms.
- Add the fresh herb leaves, using your hands to massage them into the mushrooms.
- Allow mushrooms to marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- Using a fork, smash 3-4 forkfulls of squash onto each slice of bread.
- Top with 1-2 spoons of pickled mushrooms
- Garnish with whole grape tomatoes.