- 1 (3 ounces) salmon filet, skin on
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, mix all the spices until well blended.
- Brush salmon with melted butter. Rub spices over salmon. Set aside.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet on high heat. When hot, add salmon, skin side down. Let cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Allow skin to get crispy. Flip and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to plate. Let sit for a few minutes before serving.