- 3 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion, cut into small cubes
- 1 leek, chopped
- 3/4 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups warm vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Black pepper
- 3 1/2 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- In a pan, melt butter and sauté the onion and rice.
- Add the white wine and stir until almost dry. Add the leek and vegetable stock, and continue stirring until the rice is al dente. Add more if needed.
- Turn off the heat and add the grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Let cool.
- Spread a small amount of risotto on the palm of your hand, stuff with a cube of mozzarella cheese and shape into a small ball. Repeat with remaining risotto.
- Toss the balls in breadcrumbs and fry in hot oil, then drain on paper towels and serve.