- For the balls:
- 3 cups leftover Chinese fried rice, slightly warmed
- 1/2 cups leftover General Tso Chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- For dredging:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon water, beaten
- 1 cup panko
- Oil for frying
- Thai sweet chili sauce for dipping
- In a bowl, combine warmed leftover fried rice, 2 eggs, and 6 tablespoons flour. Wet your hands and take about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and flatten slightly. Place a piece of General Tso's chicken in the center and wrap the rice around it to form a ball. Continue the process and place the balls on a tray. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil to 375°F. For the dredging station: add the rest of the flour into one bowl, whisk 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of water in another bowl, and the crushed fried wontons in a third bowl. Working in batches of 3-4, roll each ball in the flour, egg mixture, and then the fried wontons. Fry until golden brown and crispy. Drain on a baking rack lined with paper towels.
- Serve immediately with Thai sweet chili sauce.