Lemon Blueberry Greek Yogurt Muffins
It's like a complete breakfast in muffin form.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin tin with coconut oil.
- In a medium mixing bow, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, coconut sugar, applesauce, vanilla extract, eggs, honey, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and stir to combine. Fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups, filling about 3/4 of the way full. The batter will be on the thicker side, so use a spoon to scoop it in.
- Bake muffins for 20-24 minutes, or until the top is firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for approx. 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE