- 2 2/3 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup simple syrup
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 whole lemons
- Fresh mint, to garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, simple syrup, half-and-half and vanilla. Carefully pour the mixture into an ice tray and freeze until solid cubes form.
- While the ice cubes freeze, make a flat surface for the lemon cups to sit on by cutting a little bit off the bottom of each lemon. Make sure to not cut through the pith.
- Cut a larger slice off the other side of the lemon to make the “top”. Using a spoon, gently scoop out the inside of the lemon. If possible, freeze the lemon cups so your granita stays cold longer.
- Once the granita ice cubes are frozen, add them to a blender and pulse until you get fine ice crystals. Scoop into lemon cups, and top with fresh mint to serve.