- 4 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites
- 1/3 cup plus 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Whipped cream
- Cocoa powder
- Place the egg whites and the egg yolks into separate bowls.
- Add 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar to the egg yolks and mix well. Mix in the vegetable oil, followed by the hot water. Sift in the flour and mix until combined.
- Beat the egg whites with a hand mixer. Once it becomes foamy, add the remaining sugar in three batches.
- Once the egg whites froth, add a ladleful of it to the egg yolk batter, and mix well with a whisk.
- Add half of the remaining meringue to the egg batter and blend it in using a rubber spatula.
- Add the remaining meringue and mix thoroughly until fully mixed. Be careful, as the batter will loosen if you mix it too much at this time.
- Pour a cup of batter into two separate bowls.
- Add the dark cocoa to one and the regular cocoa to the other and mix to combine.
- Transfer each batter into a piping bag.
- In a Bundt pan, use the dark batter to draw the outside of the animal print. Bake it at 350 degrees for 30 seconds.
- Use the brown batter to fill the inside of the animal print, then bake for 1 minute more.
- Pour in the plain dough and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan, slice and serve with whipped cream, cocoa powder and mint.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE