- 24 (8-inch) tortillas
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce, sliced thin
- 4 cups Emmental cheese, shredded
- 5 radishes, sliced thin
- 2 cups crema
- 3 pounds chicken
- 1/2 gallon water
- 1/2 gallon ice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 1 serrano pepper, halved
- 1 gallon chicken stock
- 2 pounds tomatillos
- 2 cups cream
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup Emmental cheese, shredded
- 3 serrano peppers
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 4 cups vegetable stock or water
- Salt, to taste
- White pepper, to taste
- Heat tortillas on a griddle and place roughly 3 tablespoons of chicken, a spoonful of salsa and 1 spoonful of cheese on each.
- Roll, place in a baking dish and repeat.
- Top with remaining Suiza salsa and shredded cheese and put under the broiler to melt for 10 minutes.
- Plate enchiladas and garnish with crema, lettuce and radish.
- Brine chicken using a large pot.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil (except chicken, broth and ice). Remove from stove and add ice.
- Once completely cool, add chicken and brine for 4 hours to 3 days.
- Remove chicken from brine and pat dry completely.
- Place chicken in a medium pot with chicken stock and cook on low/medium heat until cooked through. Shred and set aside.
- In a medium pot on low heat, cook and combine tomatillos, onion, serrano, stock (or water) and cream.
- Cook until onions are translucent.
- Remove from heat and blend in batches with cilantro and shredded cheese.