PAN-ROASTED 30-DAY DRY AGED RIBEYE STEAK
- 1 (16-ounce) boneless 30-day-aged ribeye steak, 1 1/4 inch thick
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, bruised
- 3 large sprigs fresh thyme or 1 small sprig fresh rosemary
- Sea salt flakes
- Pan-sear: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet; set aside.
- Preheat cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Just before cooking, pat steak dry with paper towels and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
- Add oil to hot skillet then add steak. Cook steak for about 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown on both sides.
- Pan-roast: Transfer skillet to oven and roast steak for about 4 minutes, depending on thickness of steak, until internal temperature reaches 125 degrees.
- Butter-baste: Add butter, garlic, and thyme to skillet. Using a spoon, baste melted butter over steak, for about 1 more minute for medium-rare doneness.
- Transfer steak to rack on baking sheet and let rest for about 4 minutes.
- Serve: Using a sharp knife, slice each steak against grain. Divide steak between 2 plates. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes. Enjoy!