- 4 (8-ounce) hanger steaks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil/grapeseed oil blend
- Sea salt flakes
- For the broccolini:
- 1 pound broccolini, washed and trimmed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more to season
- Pan-sear hanger steak: Preheat cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Just before cooking, pat steak dry with paper towels and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
- Add oil to hot skillet then add steak. Cook steak for about 4 minutes per side, or until dark brown on the bottom and internal temperature reaches 130 degrees. Transfer steaks to a rack set on a baking sheet and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Grill broccolini: Preheat a grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Toss broccolini in large bowl with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon oil.
- Grill broccolini until stems are crisp yet tender and leaves begin to char, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove broccolini from grill and season to taste with a touch of oil and salt and pepper.
- Serve: Slice steaks against grain. Divide steak between 2 plates. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes. Serve immediately with broccolini.